Berkey Water Filters

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Blondies (Homemade and Corn-free)

Blondies are our favorite easy dessert that all of us can make from scratch without a recipe. Blondies are just brownies sans chocolate, but they are truly delicious. My daughter can't eat any of the brands of chocolate or cocoa that we have tried so we all eschew chocolate in the name of solidarity. You may even find that you don't miss the cocoa if you give these blondies a chance.

Blondies:
  • 3 sticks organic butter (melted)
  • 3 cups organic cane sugar
  • 3 organic free range eggs
  • 3 cups organic all purpose flour
  • 3 tsp. homemade baking powder (or 1 TBSP)
  • 1 tsp. ground vanilla beans
  • 1/2 tsp. sea salt
Preheat oven to 325°F. Mix melted butter and sugar. Add eggs and stir until mixed well. Add flour, baking powder, ground vanilla beans and salt and mix well. Pour into buttered 9" x 13" dish (I love my glass bakeware) and bake for 42 - 45 minutes. Let cool before cutting (or just be careful not to burn your mouth with the molten lava temperature of the inside of hot blondies).

This recipe is very easy to remember because of all the threes. Both of my teenagers and I can whip up a batch of these so quickly, it hardly takes any effort. This is just a bar cookie and tastes a lot like really thick chocolate chip cookies without the chocolate chips. This dessert has been very popular with everyone that tried it and was even on the menu at our latest birthday party. Brenda requested (three times) that I put this recipe on my blog since tasting them at my house, so I knew I had to get it done.

4 comments:

  1. How much cream is in this recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous,
    There is no cream in this recipe. You were misled by the clunky wording of the instructions. Hopefully, that is fixed now. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I assume you add the ground vanilla beans at the sme time as the salt?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kristi,
    I have edited the recipe to show that the vanilla beans do indeed need to be added along with the salt. Thanks for catching that.

    ReplyDelete